Are You A Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
A persons smile invites the world in, spreads joy and crosses languages barriers the world over. Smiling is also beneficial for your health! It can help release endorphins and lower stress. But, sometimes, teeth may be discolored or yellowed, and people become self-conscience about their smile. Don’t let that be you.
There are 6 main reasons why you should consider teeth whitening. So, if you see yourself in any of these, call us! We can whiten and brighten that smile of yours for a smile that is unique to you.
1. You see discoloration on your teeth. This may seem like a no-brainer, but often patients become “blind” to their smile. The next time you look in the mirror [you know, when you are brushing your teeth] take a long hard look at the color of your teeth. If they aren’t as white as they used to be or you see different coloration from tooth to tooth, it may be time to consider teeth whitening.
2. Your age. There is not getting around it. Our teeth age just as our bodies do. Usually when people are in their mid-30’s they will start to notice changes in the color of their teeth. So, if you’re in the 30’s club, it may be time to consider teeth whitening.
3. Less than stellar dental hygiene. If you aren’t the best about your daily oral hygiene habits, it can result in tooth discoloration. Most dentists [including us] recommend that if you whiten your teeth, you should so once a quarter or at minimum, twice a year. What a coincidence! We recommend you have a professional cleaning twice a year. See the connection?
4. You smoke. We won’t get into the overall negative impacts smoking has on your health but instead focus on your oral health and tooth discoloration. Cigarettes contain tar and nicotine which lead to tooth discoloration. In addition, and pertaining strictly to oral health, smoking can:
* Lead to gum disease
* Cause bad breath
* Contribute to a build-up of tartar and plaque
* Cause inflammation of your salivary glands and the roof of your mouth
* Contribute to bone loss in your jaw
* Prolong healing and/or cause complications for any dental procedures that you may have done
* Put you at a greater risk of oral cancer
5. Wine and/or Coffee Drinker. Red wine and coffee are massive contributors to tooth discoloration. In addition to red wine and coffee the regular consumption of the following can also cause tooth discoloration:
* Soy sauce
* Cola drinks
* Balsamic vinegar
* Fruit juices
6. Genetics. If your family has a history of tooth discoloration chances are high that you will, too. Remember, genes dictate inherited traits such as eye color, hair color and yes, tooth color. So, if you have a family history of yellowed or discolored teeth you may want to consider teeth whitening.
There are many over-the-counter options available to whiten teeth but we can recommend only those provided by a dental practitioner. We can consult with you on a shade that is natural for you and help you make a great impression on those you meet. And, you know it to be true, when you look good you feel good and have more confidence! It is important to note - not all people are candidates for teeth whitening. It is crucial that you consult with your dentist.
About Serenity Dental Studio: We are the leading dental studio serving Gulf Shores Alabama and the surrounding area. Our staff provides a calm and serene environment for our patients enabling them to relax and allow us to restore their love for their smile.
Our team of general dentists, specialists, and hygienists work together to create a superior dental team that will help you look and feel your best.
If you’re searching for a dental practice in Gulf Shores AL, we’d love to meet you!
Do You Follow Us On Social Media?
#GulfShores #dentist #changinglives #smiletransformation #dentalimplants #teethwhitening